The Royal Vehicles Museum was established during the reign of Khedive Ismail (1863-1879), and was then called the Khedive’s Vehicles Authority, then its name was changed to the Sultanic Vehicles Department in 1914, then the Royal Vehicles Department in 1924 and its name finally changed to the Royal Vehicles Museum in 1978. The Museum is One of the rarest museums, it is the fourth of its kind in the world after the museums of Russia, England and Austria.
The museum includes 5 exhibition halls:
The "Antiquekhana" hall, which includes carriages and vehicles that were donated to the upper family during various occasions.
The “Reception” hall, which has a cinema screen to show a documentary film about the time period of the upper family.
The "truss" / "procession" hall, which represents the street in the royal eras, includes the rarest types of vehicles, a robotic chariot, which is distinguished by its precision manufacture and luxurious decoration.
The "Royal Occasions" hall, which includes a group of vehicles used by members of the upper family during various official occasions, as well as portraits of kings, queens, princesses and princes of the upper family.
The Horse Hall, which includes a group of curtains to display the clothes of the workers on the royal carriages.
It is worth noting that the museum has a set of cards explaining all artifacts using Braille for people with visual disabilities, also there are paved paths and ramps for easy ascent and descent to facilitate the movement of wheelchairs for people with mobility disabilities, as well as guidance boards in all halls using sign language for people with hearing disabilities.